Sisters Beach

 

A local favourite beach of mine is Sisters Beach. This place has so many wonderful childhood memories. Today, I walked from one end of Sisters Beach to the boat ramp and back. 

The start of my walk was at the end of the gravel road which is to your right after the cafe. I dropped my partner off to go spearfishing and walked down the gravel road for a hundred or so metres until I found a track to the beach. 




The day was clear with a small breeze and finally the sun was shining. I walked along the beach and took some photos of the rock formations with the Sisters Beach headland as the back drop. I made it to the creek in the centre of Sisters Beach that brings back so many childhood memories. I spent many a day splashing and swimming in this creek. I also took a photo up the creek from the bridge where I vividly remember someone catching a water rat on a fishing rod years ago.



After crossing the bridge I hit the white, soft sand and continued my way up the beach to the boat ramp. I noticed the limited amount of shells on my walk but there are heaps of pebbles and smooth rocks covering the sand. 

Upon reaching the boat ramp, the water was so crystal clear and inviting. Not enough to go swimming but still looked beautiful.



After taking in the serenity, I headed back, making a stop at the Little Sisters Cafe for a drink along the way. I took a few snaps of the beach without footprints as the tide was going out. I also found a fish trap but could not see any fish. 




It was such a pleasant walk today reminiscing fun times as a child. Highly recommend anyone exploring this location when coming to Tasmania. 




Comments

Popular Posts