Beautiful Badgers Beach



Last weekend I went to Badgers Beach to go beach combing and to walk the length of the beach. I have originally completed a couple walks which included Bakers Beach to Copper Cove and then Copper Cove to Badgers Head. I have also walked on the other side of Badgers Beach from Greens Beach to the lookout. So this walk was the link between all walks. 

The weather was perfect although quite cold. The start of the walk involved walking over some rocks. That is because the tide was in a fair way. I ended up taking off my shoes and walking in the water where there were no rocks. It was a bit cold on the feet but easier to walk.






There were a lot of different sorts of shells that we found, all different shapes and sizes. My partner then came across a petrified pipe horse on the beach which was really interesting to look at and touch. We also found a starfish washed up on shore.




We came across a beach full of these green flimsy shells that looked similar to a clam or mussel shell. There were thousands of them. I had never seen them before. I took a picture of one and put it into Google search image and it told me it is called a Lamarck. There are plenty of them found along the north and east coast of Tasmania.



My partner flicked a lure in the water while walking the length of the beach, without any luck. There was a small wave rolling in which was lovely to listen to.











We made it to the end of the beach and sat on a washed up log to have some lunch under the cliff face of Greens Beach lookout. We ate our lunch while watching someone on their stand up paddle board catching some waves to shore. 









After lunch and a drink, we packed up and began our return walk back to the car. The beach was a nice firm beach to walk on making the walk enjoyable. I came across a curved tree stump that looked like a snake about to attack.




The walk was around 10km and it was a lovely place to explore with the discovery of some species we hadn’t come across before and the petrified pipe horse . With not a cloud in the sky on this frosty winters day there was nothing else I would prefer to be doing. Nothing beats a walk on a remote beach on a winters day in Tassie. 



Comments

Popular Posts